PARRAMATTA ATTRACTIONS AND EVENTS
We keep you up to date on all the latest entertainment and events in Parramatta. Novotel Sydney Parramatta is located in the centre of Parramatta CBD, a prime location for guests to explore all that this Western Sydney urban hub has to offer. Parramatta is a popular destination to experience the best in entertainment. A true Urban Oasis - Novotel Sydney Parramatta is just minutes from the city's most historic neighbourhoods including Riverside Theatres, CommBank Stadium Parramatta, Westfield Parramatta Shopping Centre, Parramatta Train Station and Ferry Terminal and offers close access to Rosehill Gardens Racecourse, Sydney Olympic Park, and Sydney CBD.
Trivia: Why is Parramatta called Parramatta?
The second European settlement in Australia, it was founded in 1788 by Governor Arthur Phillip as a western outlying farm colony of Sydney. Initially called Rose Hill, it was renamed Parramatta, an Aboriginal word meaning “head of waters,” the year after it was proclaimed a town in 1790.
Novotel Sydney Parramatta is situated in the Parramatta CBD and is an escape for leisure and business guests alike. The hotel features 350 Restaurant and Lounge and an impressive range of conference spaces with cutting-edge meeting technology.
When staying at Novotel Sydney Parramatta you will receive a warm and attentive reception. Our team will also provide you with the level of professionalism and service that you deserve.
Here are some of the reasons why you should visit Parramatta:
- Parramatta has many hidden gems throughout the city thanks to the celebration of different cultures, appreciation for history, and love of green spaces.
- Parramatta is a major business and commercial centre.
- Parramatta is the home to Westfield Parramatta, the tenth largest shopping centre in Australia.
- Parramatta is the major transport hub for Western Sydney, servicing trains and buses, as well as having a ferry wharf.
- It’s the heart of Greater Western Sydney with a buzzy nightlife and a big long list of excellent places to eat and drink.
- Parramatta is abundant with parks.
- It is Sydney’s second CBD.
- Why do the locals love it? - Because it embodies “live, work and play”.
You’ll never get bored at Novotel Sydney Parramatta as there is always something to do!